15 February, 2010

I'm getting close to 100 posts in this guy. I'm also flirting with the idea of tumblr, but I don't quite understand it..so..blogspot it is for now.

I haven't tried to be MIA purposely, I've just been busy...I have to spend all day tomorrow in the darkroom and well..that is gonna blow. I did take a few digital photos from my film expedition to my grassy field.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




I couldn't begin to explain what my recent fascination with books has been about. This particular one is one of my grandmother's books and I just loved the red cover in the grass.

Aside from that..I've worked 4 days straight on my garden. Back breaking work. Day one, I pulled all the weeds/grass and cleaned up the general area. Day two, I started in on the giant pile of random crap my dad has amassed from the years. I've lost my fear of spiders..I've killed so many black widows. (that didn't stop me from duct-taping my jeans to my boots though) It's almost all cleared out though. I filled up 6 trashcans with debris, pulled out an antique wooden chair that I plan to refinish, and declared war on all the bugs in the garden. The space I'm clearing right now is for my next project, a chicken coop. I miss having chickens like we used to when I was younger, and I miss the eggs. I'm planning on buying an Araucana (I want the green eggs) or two and maybe a Orpington or a Plymouth Rock.

Anyway, after I finish leveling the ground for the hen house, I'm moving back towards the rest of the garden. I need to prune the blackberries, weed the other raised bed and recover the apple and lemon tree from the stupid trumpet vine/passion fruit vine that has taken over my life. I swear to god I am never letting my dad plant another vine again.

No comments:

Post a Comment